Make Mom Cards for Mother's Day
Mother's Day is the perfect time to create Mom cards for your mom and for your mommy friends! On this page, our Design Team Member Aileen will share instructions on how to make a clean, simple and elegant Mother's Day card. Have fun!
Make Mom Cards for Mothers Day
By Aileen Garcia
Hi there! I'm Aileen and I'll be sharing a clean, simple and elegant Mother's Day card idea today. We're making an easel card! This simple card can literally stand on its own – a perfect card to give if you want it to be displayed by your beloved mom. ;)Materials:
- White cardstock
- Coordinating Patterned Papers
- Black Ink
- Flower Embellishment
- Foam tapes
- Make a 4.25 x 4.25in square card for the base using white cardstock. The front of this base cardstock should be scored and folded in half.
- Inside the card, adhere the chosen patterned paper.
- Then, on the lower portion of it, adhere a smaller coordinating paper, just like what is shown in the photo.
- Stamp your sentiment on this small part.
- Cut a single cardstock which is also 4.25 x 4.25in in size.
- On this single cardstock, adhere the two patterned papers, which should be slightly smaller than the base.
- Now, adhere this single cardstock on to the lower portion of the folded front panel of the base cardstock. It should appear that the single cardstock is only half glued to the base. Adhere a ribbon around the card.
- On a small paper, stamp “Mom” and attach the embellishment.
The way this card opens is by pulling the front part upward. Then, for it to stand, the smaller paper inside of the card should serve as the stopper for the front flap.
And here's our card again, all finished and ready to make your Mom's day much more special.
Homemade Mothers Day cards are such special gifts of appreciation for the special women in our lives. If you need more ideas to create Mom cards
, visit our main page on Mothers Day cards
Back to Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage