A Mom Card for Mother's Day
Making a beautiful Mom card for Mother's Day is a wonderful thing to do to make your mom feel more loved and appreciated! On this page, Design Team Member Heidi will take you through a process of creating your own homemade Mothers Day card!
A Mothers Day Card
By Heidi Wunderlich
Hello all! I'm Heidi and I'll be teaching you how to make one of our beautiful mom cards perfect for Mother's Day! This is really fun to make and I'm sure you'll have a blast!List of materials used:
- Red cardstock by AC Cardstock Tropical Collection
- Coconut Swirl cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper
- Patterned paper by My Mind’s Eye Miss Caroline ‘Dolled Up’ 6x6 paper pack
- Wood stamp ‘Daisies’ by Hero Arts
- Rubber stamp sentiments ‘Be Happy’ collection by AmyR Stamps/CC Designs
- Momento‘Tuxedo Black’ ink by Tsukineko
- COPIC markers by Imagination International (BG11, BG15, BG18, R32, R35, R37, Y21, Y26 and YG23)
- ‘Chocolate Chip’ classic ink by Stampin’ Up
- Foam dimensionals by Stampin’ Up
- Satin Ribbon ‘Golden’ by RibbonFX
- 1” and 1 1/8” punches by EK Success
- Paper trimmer by Fiskars
- ATG adhesive gun by Scotch
- Stickles ‘Diamond’ by Ranger
- Gather all supplies needed for making the card.
- Cut red cardstock 4 ¼ x 11 inches and score at 5 ½ inches.
- Decide which papers from card pack to use and cut the following sizes to match sample; once cut ink all edges with chocolate chip ink:
- Floral background 4 1/8 x 5 5/16
- Red plaid 3 x 4 ½
- Blue/yellow dot 2 x 3 ¼
- Separate plaid 1 ½ x 4 1/8
- Adhere red plaid, blue/yellow dot and separate plaid piece to the floral background as shown and tie golden ribbon around it; adhere entire piece to red card base.
- Stamp image on coconut swirl cardstock, color with COPICS, mat with red cardstock, attach to card base using foam dimensionals.
- Stamp sentiment and punch out with 1” circle die; punch 1 1/8 inch circle out of red cardstock, mat together and attach to card base with foam dimensionals.
- For inside of card use scraps left over to create a similar pattern as the card front, stamp image and trim; mat with red cardstock and attach all pieces to inside. Be sure to include a white piece so sender can include a written message.
And here we have it, a pretty and fun Mothers day card to make!
Thanks for crafting with me today! Don't forget to check out other homemade Mom Cards
that we have for more inspiration!
Back to Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage