Kids Birthday Cards
Kids birthday cards have got to be the most fun cards to make! Vibrant colors, fun characters and a generally happy, lively theme are always such a joy to work with! On this page, our DT Member Lisa will show you how to create a fun, colorful birthday card for that little special someone. :) If there’s anything that Lisa used that you don’t happen to have, feel free to substitute with whatever you have on hand. It will still come out just as gorgeous! :)
Monster Birthday Card
By Lisa Allen
Hello! Today, I'd like to show you how I made one of my kids birthday cards. Before it's for a child, we'll try to make it colorful and fun to reflect the wonderful spirit of a child. :) Products Used:
- Card Stock
- Surprise (Scenic Route)
- Stamps - Monster Mini Frame (Art Gone Wild)
- Memento Ink-Tuxedo Black
- Copic Markers
- Glossy Accents
- Stickles-Star Dust
Finished Card Size: 6”x 4 ⅝”
How it is made:
- Gather your supplies. Cut white card at 6”x 9¼”. Score at 4⅝” to form card base.
- Cut a mat for the card front with Surprise card stock (Party Hat side). The mat is cut at 5⅞”x 4½”. Attach to the card front.
- Cut a mat with the Surprise card stock (Polka Dot side). The mat is cut at 4⅞”x 3¾”. Attach to the center of the card front.
- Cut a piece of white card stock and stamp the Monster frame image on the white card stock using the Tuxedo Black ink.
- Color the image with the Copic markers. Like I said earlier, kids birthday cards are fun so work with bright colors. I added the Copic Marker C1 to the areas of the stamped image that were not colored with another color.
- Add Glossy Accents to the flames on the candles to add dimension to the image.
- Add Star Dust Stickles to the stars on the stamped image.
- After the image is set, add the stamped image to the front of the card. And you're done! Wasn't that fun? I especially loved the coloring part. :) Here's our fun, happy card again!
Thanks for visiting! Don't forget to check out other birthday cards we have for more Kids Birthday Cards inspiration!
More Birthday Card Ideas
Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage