I Love My Wise Guy
by Shellye McDaniel
I Love My Wise Guy
Handmade Card by Shellye
- Paper Trimmer
- Sewing Machine
- 3" Scalloped Round Punch by Stampin' Up
- 2" Circle Punch by Marvy Uchida
- Small Heart Punch
- Foam Dots
- Fabric Glue
- Fine Point Scissors
- Embroidery Needle
- Orange Zig Marker
- Wise Guy Ippity Stamp (Unity)
- 4"W x 5.5"H Card
- Patterned papers by K&CO "Lions Sleeps
- Staz-On Black Ink Pad
- Walnut ink pad
- Clear Mount Block
- 2 small black pom poms
- 3 Blue Rhinestones (1 small, 2 medium)
- 2 White buttons
- Blue/White Baker's Twine
- Pink crepe paper ruffle (theredrobin.etsy.com)
- Trim pink patterned paper (will be called 'paper' throughout) to within 1/16" of card's margin, all sides; ink around edges with walnut ink pad.
- Cut blue paper to 2.75"W x 5.5"H; ink around edges with walnut ink pad. Center onto pink paper and machine stitch down both sides.
- Punch 3" scalloped circle from green paper; ink around edges with walnut ink pad.
- Punch 2" circle from pink paper; apply foam dots to back, center and attach to green circle.
- Stamp owl image with Staz-On black ink onto green and pink papers. Using fine point scissors, carefully cut out owl motif from green paper.
- Carefully cut eyes and wings from pink paper.
- Using foam dots, attach pink eyes and wings to green owl. Apply pom poms to center of eyes with fabric glue.
- Using orange Zig Marker, color in beak and feet.
- Attach foam dots to back of green owl motif, center and attach to pink circle.
- Adhere completed scalloped circle to center of blue paper (about 1/2" from the top.
- Using an embroidery needle and baker's twine, stitch a large X over the top of the scallop.
- Next, stamp sentiment onto green paper with Staz-On ink. With paper trimmer, trim to 3"W x 1/2"H; ink around edges with walnut ink.
- Attach buttons to each end with foam dot and add medium blue rhinestone to the center of each.
- Cut a 3.25" strip of pink crepe paper ruffle and glue to the back of the sentiment. Wrap baker's twine around the bottom of the sentiment and tie into a bow at left side. Attach completed sentiment to the bottom of the scalloped circle with foam dots.
- Finally, punch small heart from blue paper; ink with walnut ink and attach to breast of owl with foam dot. Add small blue rhinestone to the center of the heart.
I love making cards! I design for a couple of manufacturers and a kit club.
You can see more of my works at Papered Cottage
Click here to post comments
Return to In the Mood for Love: Romance Cards Contest 2012.