Handmade Anniversary Card
Celebrating your anniversary and thinking of the perfect gift? A handmade anniversary card would be perfect for the occasion and will surely convey your love. DT Member Heidi will be teaching you how to make an elegant anniversary card that will mark another year of your wonderful journey together.. Enjoy!
Creative Strips Anniversary Card
By Heidi Wunderlich
List of materials used:
This handmade anniversary card is fun and easy to make! We'll be using paper strips for this card idea and you'll be surprised at how easy you can make a beautiful anniversary card for your special someone in no time!
- Tan cardstock from ‘Pastels’ collection by AC Cardstock (American Crafts)
- ‘Glow’ cardstock by Bazzill Basics Paper
- Scrap piece of cardstock any color
- Patterned paper Stella Rose ‘Hattie’ 6x6 paper pad collection by My Minds Eye
- Ribbon ‘Golden’ by RibbonFX
- Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio (Round 14 size)
- Bubble Caps by Epiphany Crafts
- Wood stamp ‘G22 Happy Anniversary’ by Endless Creations
- Memento Dew Drop ‘Danube Blue’ ink by Tsukineko
- Glue Dots by Glue Dots International
- ATG adhesive gun by Scotch
- Cut tan cardstock to 6”x12” and score/fold at 6”.
- Cut yellow cardstock to 5 7/8” x 5 7/8”.
- Cut scrap piece of cardstock, any color, to 5 ¾” x 4” and cover one side completely with adhesive.
- Cut several strips of different patterned papers in various sizes (i.e. ½”, ¼” 5/8”, etc.)
- Take one strip and adhere it diagonally on your scrap piece of cardstock. Take a second and third strip and place each one perpendicular to the first strip put down, as shown.
- You’ve now created four quadrants to be filled in. Taking different patterned paper strips, begin in one section and lay the strips down by butting them against each other until that entire section has been covered. When that section is done, rotate and begin the next section.
- After the first section has been completed you can turn the piece over and trim off the overhang so you can continue using those strips.
- Continue adding strips until all four quadrants are filled in and trimmed down to become the focal point of your card.
- Attach the herringbone focal piece to the yellow card base at the top, wrap a ribbon and tie a bow along the seam. Attach entire piece to the tan card base.
- Following the instructions on the Epiphany Crafts Shape Studio create three bubble caps using scraps of the patterned paper from your herringbone piece. Attach to the card front as shown.
- Stamp sentiment at lower right hand corner.
- Complete the inside of the card using leftover scraps from card front and stamp sentiment.
And that completes your handmade anniversary card! That was fun right? I hope I inspired you to make one for your special someone with this anniversary card idea.. Here's our card again, all finished and dolled up!
Be sure to check out our other ideas if you want to make another Handmade Anniversary Card
.. we'll be adding lots more for inspiration!
Thanks and hope you had fun!
See Another Handmade Anniversary Card!
Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage