Easy and Quick
Valentine Shaker Card
by Melissa Bove
(Toms River, NJ USA)
Be My Valentine
Homemade Valentines Card
~ I made it to give to my husband.
Materials you will need:
How to make this card:
- Ruby Red, Light Pink, White Card stock
- Patterned Paper: My Mind's Eye (Quite Smitten) and Making Memories Je t'adore (French Words)
- Maya Road Large Chipboard Heart
- Martha Stewart Pink Mini Roses
- Martha Stewart Small Heart Punch
- Melissa Frances Rub-On Transfer
- Hero Arts White Pearls
- Red Seam Binding Ribbon
- Light Green Satin Ribbon
- Chunky Style Glitter
- Small Piece of Acrylic or clear plastic packaging
- White Acrylic Paint
- Paper Distresser Tool
- Hot Glue Gun
A Little About Me:
- Mat a piece of white cardstock onto a red card base.
- Paint the large chipboard heart with white paint and when dry, add a coating of Aileen's glue and then some chunky glitter.
- When dry, adhere a piece of patterned paper onto the back of the chipboard heart.
- Then adhere a piece of heart-shaped acrylic (or you can use a piece of clear packaging) onto the front of the chipboard heart using a hot glue gun. Only glue the bottom and sides at first.
- Add punched hearts and glitter inside of heart and then finish gluing the top of heart with hot glue.
- To cover the glue, add ribbon around the edge of heart as well as mini roses and pearls.
- Add ribbon and heart onto a piece of patterned paper and then adhere to card base.
- Finish with a rub-on transfer along the bottom of the card.
- To make the triple loop bow, use a mini bow-dabra.
My name is Melissa Bove. I live in Southern NJ with my husband and 2 sons. I love all kinds of paper crafting but especially love to do cardmaking and altered projects.
My Blog: Keepsakes by Melissa