Make Birthday Cards for Mom
Making birthday cards for mom is a surefire way of making your mom's birthday more special! From simple to full of textures and accessories, you can create something that will let your mom know just how special she is. So for today, we asked DT Member Dottie to create a card for mom and teach you all how to do it! Enjoy!
Happy Birthday, Mom!
By Dottie Seubert
Hello I am Dottie and today I am going to show you just how easy it is to make birthday cards for mom.
When making a birthday card, no matter whom it may be for, always try anduse things that you know the person you’re creating it for will like. You do not need to make it exactly like this one. There are no rules. Well, maybe just one: have fun creating!
I used 3 types of cardstock. The main card (floral print) is from This & That by Echo Park Paper Co. I also used Moss Green by STAMPIN'UP! and another cardstock from Scenic Route (Surprise Birthday Pack) Printed candles. I also used the following:
- Spellbinder Fleur de Lis Squares Large and medium size
- My Spellbinder Grand Caliber Machine
- hand punches by Martha Stewart both Monarch & classic
- Handmade stick pin
- Hot Glue gun
- Glue stick (by Scotch)
- small pop dots
- handmade bow using seam binding and my mini bowwdabra bow maker
Card Size: 6" X 4 1/2"
- For the body of the card I used floral print cardstock by This & That Echo Park.
- Using my computer and printer I printed on the moss green paper the greeting, “Happy Birthday, Mom”. Printing greetings/phrases is a wonderful solution if you don’t have the appropriate sentiment for the card you’re making! You can actually play with fonts and font sizes! :)
- I then used my Spellbinder Machine and the die called Fleur de Lis Squares (large & medium dies) on my moss green paper to create a bordered square for my sentiment.
I also did the same to the paper with the birthday candles printed on it.
- I then started stacking the papers. I used the large paper with the candles on the center of the card.
- I then used the medium die cut Moss Green with the sentiment “Happy Birthday, Mom” and adhered it to the center of the printed paper. This I angled a little bit.
- For a girly touch, I added a bow and hot glued it at the left top of the card and added the homemade stick pin and glued it in place.
- Using my Martha Stewart Hand Punches, I cut out two of each butterfly (the Monarch and the classic), glued them together and then hot glued them to the card.
- And finally, I added some of my liquid pearls (color Bisque) on the corners of the card and on the butterflies.
Well that is about it! I do hope you enjoyed making this birthday card for mom with me and I hope this will inspire you to make birthday cards for mom every year. It will surely make her feel even more special! So here’s a final look at our finished card before we wrap this up!
Do check out other birthday card ideas
we have for a lot of crafting fun!
More Birthday Cards for Mom
Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage