A Mothers Day Card to Craft
Here's a beautiful Mothers Day Card to craft by our Design Team Member Christy! With lots of photos and a very detailed tutorial, you're on a sure way to make something your mom will treasure always. :)
A Beautiful Mothers Day Card
By Christy Schumacher
Hi! I'm Christy and I'm happy to be here with you today! I just love making greeting cards and today I'll be showing you an easy tutorial of a beautiful gatefold Mothers Day Card to craft at home.Materials Used
- 5 ½” x 8 ½” Ivory Card Stock
- 6 pieces Recollections Signature Glitter Paper, 4 cut at 5 ¼” x 1-7/8” and 1 cut at 5 ¼” x 4 and last piece cut a 4” oval
- 6 pieces G.D.C. Rose Colored Glasses Collection-Droopy Vines 4 cut at 5” x 1-5/8” and 1 cut at 5” x 3 ¾” and last piece cut a 3-¾” oval
- Scotch ATG with Acid Free Adhesive
- Zig 2 Way Squeeze Glue
- Foam Adhesive
- Fiskars Paper Trimmer
- Bone Folder
- Heat Gun
- Embossing Buddy
- Stampendous Embossing Powder-Gold Tinsel
- Hampton Arts stamp - Happy Mother’s Day
- Recollections Cling Stamps-Butterfly Collection
- Acrylic Block
- Butterfly Die Cut
- Cricut Expression 2 Machine
- Score ivory cardstock at 2-1/8” and 6-3/8”.
- Adhere the Droopy Vines patterned paper to the Recollections paper.
- Take butterfly cling stamp and dab with VersaMark and ink on all the panels making sure to reapply ink in between stamping.
- Adhere the panels to both the inner and outer sides of the flaps of the card.
- Proceed to adhere the two center pieces of patterned paper together and adhere to center of card.
- Attach the two ovals together.
- Rub the embossing buddy over the entire area over the ovals and then stamp with the Happy Mother’s Day stamp using VersaMark ink.
- Apply the Gold Tinsel embossing powder and shake off the excess.
- Heat using heat gun.
- Use foam adhesives on only left hand side of the ovals since you will need open and close the card. Adhere to left side of card front.
- Attach the butterfly die cut to the card base as close to the oval as possible. The butterfly's wings will keep the card closed.
And there you have it! A beautiful and classy Mothers Day card to craft.
Wanna craft some more? Visit our main page on Mothers Day Cards to look at another Mothers Day Card to craft. We have lots of other handmade card ideas too! Simply browse through our navigation bar for a heavy dose of inspiration!
Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage