Fathers Day Cards to Make
If you're looking for fun Fathers Day cards to make, you're in the perfect website! We've asked DT Member Dottie to teach you how to make one today and we're sure you're going to have lots of fun!
Father, You are My Hero
By Dottie Seubert
Hi! I am Dottie and I am going to show you one of our Fathers Day cards to make. Like I always tell readers, keep in mind that you do not need to use the same products I used. Whatever is available to you is just fine. Allow yourself to be creative and go where your mojo takes you because that way, you will never go wrong. :)
Since you know your Dad really well, you might want to consider using colors and a style that he would love. Does he love cars? Then include a photo of one. Does he always wear a tie to work? You can easily make one out of paper and use that for your card. My point is that you do not need to make it exactly like mine. Just have fun! Products I used to create my card:
- Card Stock SAVVY by sei
- Spellbinders die (Parisian Motifs)
- Wax paper
- Dark brown card stock by STAMPIN"UP!
- Embellishments by K&Company
- Glue stick by Scotch card size 6" X 4 1/2"
- I used my card stock by SAVVY sei for the base of the card.
- I then cut and layered the brown card stock.
- I took my Spellbinder Parisian Motifts. To make it easier to remove the paper from the die I layered the die with wax paper and then the craft paper.
- I then put it through the machine. Because of the wax paper, the paper come off the die with out sticking or ripping off the die. I do this with most of my dies. You do not need to use a Spellbinder grand caliber. You can use a Sizzix Kick or even just make your own embellishment manually.
- I glued my die cut to the center of the card.
- Lastly I placed the embellishments by K&Company, one on the top, one in the center and then on on the left and right side bottom of the card.
Well that's it! I do hope you enjoyed making this Fathers day card with me.
Check out other Fathers Day cards to make
that we have if you're on a roll and would like to make another one! Happy crafting!
More Fathers Day Cards to Make
Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage