Make Adorable Cards for New Baby!
Get inspired with our adorable cards for new baby! Enjoy this step-by-step tutorial from DT Member Kathleen on how to make an easy new baby card for the little one and the proud new mommy and daddy!
"It's A Baby Boy!" Card
By Kathleen Hernandez
They say that you see a whole new world thru your child’s
eyes. Isn’t that a wonderful experience
making it more worthwhile rearing your own child?
With the birth of a child, God gives us the opportunity to
have a hand in the formation of a new person from your own flesh and
blood. Introducing him/her to the world makes
us more human akin to human nature.
As I’ve remained single, I could only marvel at thoughts of
the above-mentioned. Though not yet
yearning for my own child, when asked to make cards for new baby, I took this opportunity to
think of wonderful thoughts on having a child of my own – preferably a son for
my 1st born. This is the
inspiration in the creation of this new baby card and how I would imagine life
would be having a SON, a BABY BOY to raise in the family.
May you find inspiration in the creation of this new baby card through the tutorial provided below . . . with
happy thoughts included.
- Blue Cardstock (Star Paper Corp.)
- White Cardstock (Star Paper Corp.)
- 8x8 Pattern Paper (October Afternoon’s Schoolhouse) – baby checkered
- Dark Blue Thread (DMC)
- Onesie Image (Echo Park’s Pride & Joy Digital Element)
- “A Boy” Image (Echo Park’s Pride & Joy Digital Element)
- Airplane Image (Echo Park’s Pride & Joy Digital Element)
- “Little Guy” Banner Sentiment Image (Echo Park’s Pride & Joy Digital Element)
- “Lovable” Banner Sentiment Image (Echo Park’s Pride & Joy Digital Element)
- Adhesive Chipboard Frame (Filstar Distributors Corp.’s Rouge de Garance Collection)
- White satin ribbon (from Tess Davis of Creative Xpressions)
- Craft Mat
- Craft Scissors
- Craft Pick (Tim Holtz’ Tonic Studios – available at CropStop)
- Prepare a 5x7 cardstock trimmed to size.
- Trim your patterned paper slightly smaller than the size of your card base.
- Adhere your trimmed pattern paper on your card base.
- Prepare your needle, thread and Craft Pick.
- Zigzag stitch around the edges of your pattern paper with your dark blue thread.
- Stick your chipboard frame on your card.
- Print your digital images from your digital elements pack on white cardstock. You can also use any stamps or images you already have on hand that you think are appropriate for cards for new baby theme.
- Trim or fussy cut your chosen digital elements.
- Pop up your digital elements artistically on your card.
- Prepare your white satin ribbon & your “It’s A Boy” digital element. Fussy cut your circle digital element/sentiment.
Form a big bow from your white satin ribbon and affix on the top center of your chipboard frame. Lastly glue your circle sentiment digital element on center of your bow.
You now have a completed BABY BOY card! Here's our pretty new baby card again. I hope you had a lot of fun making this one!
For more inspiration on cards for new baby, don't forget to check out the other new baby cards made by the Design Team and you'll have your mojo working in no time! :)
More Cards for New Baby
Let's Make Greeting Cards Homepage